Germany arrests suspects from faraway places over threat of attack on Muslims



Police found weapons at a 21-year-old teenager's home in New Zealand last year inspired by the Christchurch tragedy.


Prosecutors say German police have arrested a man suspected of killing Muslims at two Christchurch and 2019 ac-inspired mosques in New Zealand.

A 21-year-old man from the northern city of Hildezim has announced his plan of attack in an "anonymous Internet chat," the state prosecutor's office in Sele city said Monday.

According to the prosecution, the preliminary investigation stated that "for some time he has been considering the idea of ​​an attack, in which he intends to kill many people in order to attract media attention worldwide."

The accused referred to a Christchurch attacker who killed 51 people in two mosques in March 2019 and said he wanted to do similar attacks.

"His goal is to kill Muslims," ​​prosecutors said.
Get weapons
Police found electronic files containing weapons, as well as correspondence, in the accused's home.

He was arrested on Saturday and charged with criminal trespass by the purchase of weapons and threatened financially with violence.

Germany has been rocked by a string of far-right attacks over the past 12 months.

A gunman with apparent far-right beliefs killed nine people at a shisha bar and a cafe in the city of Hanau, near Frankfurt, in February, while two people were killed in an attack on a synagogue in Halle, near Leipzig, in October.

In June 2019, pro-immigration politician Walter Lubcke was found shot dead at his home in the central state of Hesse, and a far-right sympathizer has been charged with his murder.

Interior Minister Horst Seehofer proclaimed in March that far-right violence was "the biggest danger for democracy in Germany", promising a beefed-up security response.

Post a Comment

0 Comments