Pages

Oklahoma reporter attending Trump's Tulsa rally tested positive for coronavirus

A journalist covering President Trump's rally in Tulsa, Ola, announced last week that he tested positive for coronavirus.  Oklahoma Watch's reporter Paul Monnis said he received no confirmation on Friday, though he did not experience the symptoms.


A journalist covering President Trump's rally in Tulsa, Ola, announced last week that he tested positive for coronavirus.


Oklahoma Watch's reporter Paul Monnis said he received no confirmation on Friday, though he did not experience the symptoms.

"Guys, I tested positive for # COVID19. I was very surprised. I had zero symptoms (so far) and I was fine. In fact, I was 5 miles this morning. I've spent the last few hours calling people. I know they've spent the last 14 days. Be safe there, ”he wrote on Twitter.

Monis was at the BOK Center last Saturday to cover the Trump rally and said he was wearing masks and was practicing social distance. He has never been close to the president.

"I'm not sure I met at the rally," Moniz told The Associated Press. "But this is someone I have been in contact with for the past two weeks."

“I spent a few hours getting acquainted with some friends, both at home and in the neighborhood,” he said. "I felt it was my responsibility to tell people that I knew I had tested positive."

The news of Mons' confirmation came after six employees of the Trump campaign and two members of the Secret Service, based in Tulsa, tested positive for CVV-19.

Oklahoma, as well as many other states in the South and West, have seen an increase in coronavirus cases in recent weeks as it reopens its economy.

Post a Comment

0 Comments