Pages

US Open 2020: Osaka wins New York's second victory after a stunning victory over Azarenka


Naomi Osaka won her second US Open title in three years - and unlike the last time, the Japanese player was overjoyed.

US Open 2020: Osaka wins New York's second victory after a stunning victory over Azarenka


Her 2018 success was largely due to Serena Williams' umpire Carlos Ramos, due to the crowded atmosphere during the trophy ceremony.

With tears in his eyes, Osaka hid his face behind the visor, and it was as unpleasant as the first Grand Slam victory could have been.

On this occasion, Osaka struggled to find a smile. When the mob had to agree to Williams' victory, he said: "I know everyone was happy with it and I'm sorry it ended that way."

But this time Osaka own moment was in extraordinary circumstances, even though there were no spectators inside the Arthur Ashe Stadium, but to disperse the staff, players, coaches and spectators.

She managed to celebrate with her team, nothing to get away from this moment.

Satisfaction was evident, when the 22-year-old girl got her third slam, he lay down on the court and took the moment after stopping Victoria Azarenka 1-6 6-3 6-3.

Osaka would laugh at the crowd for his description of the moment, stating that he was about to seal the victory. Why didn't he fall on the floor later, but carefully chose his position.

"Because I always see him fall after every match point," he said, what was going on in his mind. "But I always thought you could hurt yourself so I want to do it safely."

He explained how he managed to turn the match around. In doing so, Osaka became the first player since Arantxa Sanchez Vicario to compete against Steffi Graf at the 1994 US Open, after which she left the opening set to win the women's singles title.

"I thought it would be a shame to lose him in an hour, so I had to do my best and really stop the abuse," Osaka said.

There was a clear understanding between the two finalists, Azarenka told Osaka: "I am very happy for you and I hope we can meet again in the final."

In response, Osaka said: "I really don't want you to play as much in the final. I didn't really enjoy it! It was a really tough match for me."

She arrived at the court wearing a mask in the name of Tamir Rice, a 12-year-old African-American boy who was shot’ dead by police in Cleveland, Ohio, six years ago.

In an effort to encourage dialogue between the United States and the United States on racial inequality and police brutality, Osaka wears a similar veil with a different name each time in the tournament.

Asked what message she was trying to send, Osaka told the Supreme Court interviewer: "What message did you get? [This] question was too much.

"The thing is, start talking to people.

"I've been inside the bubble so I'm not really sure what's going on in the outside world. All I can say is what's happening on social media and I feel like retweeting more than that. Yes. - It's so lame, but you know, more and more people are talking about it. "


READ MORE 

US bans Chinese diplomatic staff

Post a Comment

0 Comments