Pages

US Attorney Jeffrey Burman, who accused Trump's aides, said he would not quit



The U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York is fighting his job with the Justice Department.


Jeffrey Burman has been accused of co-operating with President Trump, including Trump's former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen. He was indicted by a jury on the accomplices of the president's current personal counsel, Rudolf Giuliani.

Attorney General William Burr said in a statement released Friday that Burman is stepping down and that President Burman is later nominating Jay Clayton, chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Moments later, Geoffrey Burman rejected his statement, denying Brar's statement.

Burman said, "I learned in a press release tonight from the Attorney General that I am 'retiring' as a United States Attorney". "I have not resigned. I do not intend to resign. For my term, the United States District Court justices appointed me for the Southern District of New York.

Post a Comment

0 Comments