Pages

'Self-confidence and empowerment': Delhi Capitals captain Shreyas Air ready for IPL 2020


Delhi Capital captain Shreyas Iyer is all set to take on Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) on Sunday and is hoping for a strong run in this year's Indian Premier League (IPL).


'Self-confidence and empowerment': Delhi Capitals captain Shreyas Air ready for IPL 2020


In an interview with India Today, Shreyas Air said that he was very excited when he found out that this year's IPL has been shifted’ to the United Arab Emirates. "We didn't know what was going to happen. It's really exciting when we found out that the IPL is being held’ in the UAE. There are fewer issues here, we are in a bubble," he said. Practice and everything are going well. Okay and I'm looking forward to the competition. "

According to Lyer, the 6-day quarantine was tough for him, but he could still train because of his 24kg dumbbells and spacious hotel room.

"I was going to my friend's gym in Mumbai. I got enough space in my room and I have 24kg dumbbells in my room and it helped me exercise. Coming back to the field was the best feeling of my life. To see that I was in touch, I felt like I was already in Super Touch in the session. I never felt like I was aware of cricket, "Sirius Air told India Today in an exclusive interview. ۔



According to Iyer, his good run in international cricket has helped him gain much-needed "self-confidence" and will be beneficial in this year's IPL. He said: "The performance you do in international cricket gives you confidence and gives you the strength to play a key role in the team when you come to the IPL. I work hard on my mood. I have been and it has helped me to have a consistent mood. Worked on my fitness and diet. You need to pay attention to these small aspects. I think these things made me a player at the time of my decision. Helped to grow and mature.

The Delhi capital will launch its campaign against King XI Punjab on Sunday. The team is coached by former Aussie captain Ricky Ponting.


READ MORE 

Belarus opposition to march after the police crackdown